Wednesday, October 02, 2013

 

They just won't sleep!

I feel okay, but I know I'm reaching the "beyond tired" point. The nearly one-year-old was up at 2 a.m., cranky, teething, hungry (!) and generally not sleeping. The 3-year-old woke up at 4 a.m. and I got him back down until 5 a.m., when he demanded breakfast. I made him wait until 6, which allowed he and I to get maybe 30 minutes of interrupted sleep between 5 and 6.

"Cry me a river," I can imagine the parents of older kids saying.

"You did this to yourself," I can imagine the childless folks saying.

Doesn't help that my workload is rather light at the moment. Work goes faster when you're busy and you generally feel less tired when you're occupied.

At least I'm still working (written on day 2 of the government shutdown).



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?