Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Hobbits, drarves, and wizards, oh my!
I saw The Hobbit with De on Saturday afternoon. Dumb fact: Once the small parking lot next to the theater is full, you have to park on the street, where ALL the meters are only good for two hours. Related fact: The Hobbit is nearly three hours long. How do you solve this problem? I parked two blocks away in my office garage, which sounds ideal, but it's at the bottom of a steep hill I had to run up to make the movie in time! Yes, I just complained about running up a hill for two blocks. My lazy ass.
Confession: I fell asleep for a little while during the dwarves eating dinner bit. It was SO LONG, that part!
Follow-up confession: I have never read The Hobbit. I don't have a love of made-up languages like Tolkien does, so I'm not sure I would care for it. And there are 15 people waiting to check out the e-book version of it at the library, so it will be May before I can even try to read it at this rate.
Confession: I fell asleep for a little while during the dwarves eating dinner bit. It was SO LONG, that part!
Follow-up confession: I have never read The Hobbit. I don't have a love of made-up languages like Tolkien does, so I'm not sure I would care for it. And there are 15 people waiting to check out the e-book version of it at the library, so it will be May before I can even try to read it at this rate.
Comments:
<< Home
At our age, with the number of children we have, sometimes movie sleeping is the ONLY way to go. Another blogger, The Armchair Squid, (who shares your first name and I believe we would all be fabulous pals in real life) and I have seen three movies together in the past year. He slept through one (midnight Avengers), I slept through one (midday Pirates with our families) and Jack Reacher (we both stayed awake!). He is a HUGE Hobbit fan....I liked the three LOTR well enough but his whole family LOVES them so they went together....he seemed to like it a lot!
And the theater was recently renovated and each seat is a Lazyboy! I had that thing cranked back, and the dinner scene went on, and on, and on...
But yeah, that theater is awesome. I bought our tickets through Fandango, and it lets you RESERVE YOUR SEATS from a seating chart. We were dead center, middle of th theater. Perfect seats!
Post a Comment
But yeah, that theater is awesome. I bought our tickets through Fandango, and it lets you RESERVE YOUR SEATS from a seating chart. We were dead center, middle of th theater. Perfect seats!
<< Home

