Wednesday, November 28, 2012

 

Tree(s)

Wow, so November is almost over, huh? What's new? Well, we have a 26-month-old and a 1-month old boy in the house. That pretty much takes most of the day.

I'm also answering work emails as they come in to keep up with things while I'm out of the office.

We put up our Christmas tree at the river house over Thanksgiving, since we will only be there maybe one more time before Christmas. Henry and I decorated it:

Our "real" tree at the river house

The Monday after Thanksgiving we were back at the city house, and H and I were having breakfast. He looked at me and said, "Daddy, I want Cwismas twee, pweeze" (that's how 2-year-olds talk). So while he was at his preschool, I went to Target and got a two-foot-tall tree, garland beads, a string of lights, and a box of ornaments. Total for everything: just over $15. When he got home, he gasped, ran over to the tree, and did a little dance. Priceless.

Our "mini" tree at the city house

And that's it. There are a million more things to do all the time and adding the regular holiday madness to it seems a little overwhelming, but we're dealing with the stress okay for now. Joy, peace, etc. Much to be thankful for this year. Must not lose sight of that.

Comments:
How sweet! It's almost like a double Christmas!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?