Friday, October 26, 2012
Exposing my in-laws to scantily clad women
De's post on Facebook about the scifi mag Starlog reminded me that I subscribed to Blender a few years ago. It was basically a geek mag that covered movies, toys, music, etc. A little of everything. Anyway, it folded, but I still had about six issues left on my subscription. But instead of offering me a prorated rebate, they switched my subscription to another magazine they published: MAXIM. I also had this subscription sent to our place at the river, and Laura's parents picked up our mail between our visits. So every time we went down there (for six months) Laura's stepfather would drop off a plastic grocery bag of mail, and inside the pile would be an issue of Maxim with some woman in her bra and panties on the cover.
AWKWARD.
I explained to him the circumstances, and how I was now receiving a magazine I didn't want, but really, would you believe that if someone said that to you?
AWKWARD.
I explained to him the circumstances, and how I was now receiving a magazine I didn't want, but really, would you believe that if someone said that to you?


