Friday, September 14, 2012
Not feeling it
I'm feeling disconnected from things recently. Haven't updated my blog in a while (and no one else is updating theirs, for that matter. WTF?)
I'm excited and nervous about the second baby coming.
It looks like the NHL season is going to be delayed, which is very annoying.
Weird: I just received a private FB message from a FB friend (who friended me) who I wasn't particularly buddies with in high school and she said: "Happy birthday to your little one. Every time I see a post by you I think 'Oh my God I threw rocks at him while he was delivering newspapers.' I am sorry!"
I had completely blocked that from my memory. But yeah, there was a one-block stretch of my long paper route where the kids (my age and older) were a-holes. One rode in front of me on his bike and stopped, making me crash, for example. I imagine today the parents would be up in each others faces about that, but back then (mid1980s) I doubt I even mentioned it to my parents. It was just part of the everyday BS of life.
That last paragraph is depressing to read. But the paragraph before it is amazing. I've never had someone who mistreated me in the past step up and apologize. Feels good.
What a strange day!
I'm excited and nervous about the second baby coming.
It looks like the NHL season is going to be delayed, which is very annoying.
Weird: I just received a private FB message from a FB friend (who friended me) who I wasn't particularly buddies with in high school and she said: "Happy birthday to your little one. Every time I see a post by you I think 'Oh my God I threw rocks at him while he was delivering newspapers.' I am sorry!"
I had completely blocked that from my memory. But yeah, there was a one-block stretch of my long paper route where the kids (my age and older) were a-holes. One rode in front of me on his bike and stopped, making me crash, for example. I imagine today the parents would be up in each others faces about that, but back then (mid1980s) I doubt I even mentioned it to my parents. It was just part of the everyday BS of life.
That last paragraph is depressing to read. But the paragraph before it is amazing. I've never had someone who mistreated me in the past step up and apologize. Feels good.
What a strange day!
Comments:
<< Home
I still check all the blogs I follow but the start of the new school year and a new season of Broomball has made time hard to come by...and the blog updates suffer!
Speaking of which, nothing on Kate's Ink recently...I do hope all is okay. I left her a message and got a rare FB "LIKE" in return.....
Post a Comment
Speaking of which, nothing on Kate's Ink recently...I do hope all is okay. I left her a message and got a rare FB "LIKE" in return.....
<< Home

