Monday, July 23, 2012
Warning: Short hockey post!
Last year I bought a group of autographed hockey cards for about $5 because I wanted one particular card. The rest just came with the package and I put them in a box with the rest. Fast-forward one year and what has changed? Well, the Caps lost in the second round of the playoffs and their interim coach Dale Hunter decided he wanted to return home to Canada rather than coach the Caps for a full season.
Well, the general manager must have decided that if a former player can get the team into the second round of the playoffs, many former players would take them even further! And that's why this coming season has these guys in their coaching lineup:
====================================================================
Yep, all three played multiple years for the Washington Capitals sometime since 1990. And it turned out that I had autographed cards of all of them.All included in the $5 purchase from last year.
Well, the general manager must have decided that if a former player can get the team into the second round of the playoffs, many former players would take them even further! And that's why this coming season has these guys in their coaching lineup:
| From L to R: New head coach Adam Oates, new assistant coach Calle Johansson, and associate goalie coach Olaf Kolzig |
====================================================================
Yep, all three played multiple years for the Washington Capitals sometime since 1990. And it turned out that I had autographed cards of all of them.All included in the $5 purchase from last year.
