Monday, July 16, 2012

 

Sidebar: Twikki

This little guy was in the box with the other Star Wars figures:

"Biddi-biddi-biddi. What's up, Buck?"
I loved the Buck Rogers TV show when I was a kid. I picked it up cheap on DVD a few years ago at Wal-Mart and sold it on Amazon after watching three episodes. Wow, does it NOT hold up. It's very much a product of the late '70s post-Star Wars world. But Mego released some cool figures from the show. I never had Wilma (sad face) but I have a very clear memory about the Buck Rogers figure (since lost who knows where, sadly): I was at the county library with my parents and I had to go to the bathroom. I was wearing overalls (God help me, I was wearing overalls) and Buck was in the front bib pocket. I undid the two straps and the "bib" part flopped down, depositing Buck directly into the toilet. Oops!

Twikki was welcomed into the Star Wars figure world with open arms (stretched out in front like zombies since the SW figures' arms didn't bend at the elbows!) and he had many adventures with the other droids. He also looked good with the other droids the jawas dragged around. Of course we didn't have an Uncle Owen figure back then, so the "purchase of the droids" scene couldn't be reenacted with 100% complete accuracy!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?