Friday, July 13, 2012

 

Sand Person (Tusken Raider)

I remember being confused by the two names. As an adult, "Sand Person" sounds like a racist name those Mos Eisley aholes would probably use. The same dipshits who have a prejudice against robots hanging around bars.

I have two of these guys from my childhood. The other one is missing his head (again, I promise I wasn't a vicious child! I just played with the Star Wars figs a LOT.

I'll do a small aside next time about the little guy on the right there!

Looking at these today, I'm super impressed by the quality. Still sturdy plastic about 35 years later (holy moly, time marches on, huh???) and nice details like the pouches molded onto the body. And 5 points of articulation were all we needed, and we liked it!



Comments:
I never considered that "Sand People" could have been a Star Wars slur! lol!
 
That's a face only a molded-plastic sand mother could love.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?