Saturday, July 07, 2012

 

Return of the Mack

Wow, where ya been? Well, the crazy storm that blew through on Friday, June 29, knocked out power to our neighborhood. We spent a warm night in the house, then left for the river the next morning. Through the neighborhood listserv, we learned power was restored late Tuesday evening, after several more days with temps in the upper 90s. I telecommuted Monday and Tuesday, thanks to understanding bosses in similar situations.

Wednesday was good food and fireworks.

I had already planned to take Thursday and Friday as vacation days, so that was that. We know the other house is going to be not exactly cool, and today it's supposed to be 104 degrees! So we're planning on returning early tomorrow. I will empty the fridge and freezer of all the nasty spoiled food and try to cool the house a bit before Monday rolls around and it's back to the real world.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?