Thursday, June 21, 2012

 

Still a work in progress

Words, words, words. I edit words all day, but opening my dumb mouth to speak is tough sometimes. I'm working on that.

Yesterday it got up to 98 degrees. Today they're saying possibly 100 degrees. The air conditioner in our house built in the 1930s was installed by the previous owner, I believe, and he was kind of an idiot. But we don't have the $$$ to get a more efficient (and stronger) one installed, so basically when it's 100 degrees outside, it's 75 inside, even when the AC is set for 68. That might not sound awful (and it's definitely a "first world" problem), but I live with a pregnant woman and a toddler. Hot isn't acceptable.

We're coping with a pretty good sized inflatable pool in the backyard, and cooking as much as we can out there (on the grill). That helps.

Stay cool, folks!



Comments:
Has H leaned to swim yet?
 
He can kick and move his arms, and he's not afraid to get his face in the water, but no, he's not what I'd call a swimmer yet!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?