Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Question: What is with all the graduations? I graduated three times: High school, college, master's degree.
Now we're getting announcements about eighth grade graduation. Eighth grade?!? Congrats, you're advancing to high school. (insert eye roll)
Preschool graduation I can almost understand: Little kids in robes! Cute!
Kindergarten graduation I don't get.
Graduating every time you advance to another school I don't get.
How much pomp and circumstance does a child need?
Now we're getting announcements about eighth grade graduation. Eighth grade?!? Congrats, you're advancing to high school. (insert eye roll)
Preschool graduation I can almost understand: Little kids in robes! Cute!
Kindergarten graduation I don't get.
Graduating every time you advance to another school I don't get.
How much pomp and circumstance does a child need?
Comments:
<< Home
Oh, me too, but it occurred to me that assuming Laura's cousin one day goes to college, we will have received FIVE graduation announcements in his short life!
I was once the speaker at my (tiny) school's 6th grade "celebration" and used the disparaging line for "The Incredibles" about celebrating mediocrity....I was not asked to speak again...
Post a Comment
<< Home


