Friday, May 04, 2012

 

End-of-Week Update

Taking a little while to get used to the new Blogger look. And I refuse to connect it to Google +. Why can't they understand you need to keep things separate sometimes? If I wanted everything joined, I would just send my blog link directly to my family and coworkers. Sheesh.

The kid continues to do amazingly. His scar is a small pink line now, with no scabbing. He's not taking ANY pain meds. He's sleeping through the night. He's playing and singing and dancing all over the place just like before. His spirit hasn't been dimmed one iota.

Oh, and I was a Very Good Husband (VGH) this week. On Wednesday, Laura said she wanted to go to the river place a day early, but didn't want to deal with two cars on Sunday. I called her sister and asked what her weekend plans were (dead end). Then I said "what the heck, might as well try," and asked her mother (who lives down there) if she or her husband would be coming up to our area on Thursday, by chance. Long shot, right?

Well, it turned out that at the very moment I asked, her husband (my father-in-law) was on the phone. They were asking him to come up where we are for a meeting Thursday morning. This was the first time he had to come up here in over two months! Fate! I quickly asked and confirmed that he could swing by in the afternoon, pick up Laura, Henry, and our two dogs and take them back with him. She got a free ride down a day early thanks to me, her VGH.

I'm heading down there after work. Weekend plans are: Game 4 of Caps vs. Rangers at noon Saturday, cutting brush after that (think GW Bush on his ranch), then jumping in the pool to cool off before dinner (L's parents--our next door neighbors down there--have a pool!).

Yeah, traffic on the way down this afternoon will most likely suck. But it's worth it to escape the city.



Comments:
Sounds like a good time! I'd love a little weekend destination away from the city. Then again, when I worked at a bookstore, I met a lot of people from rural areas who spent every weekend in the city.

The grass is always greener, I guess.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?