Monday, February 06, 2012
This, that, and the other.
Okay, I did a Google image search and no, Nicki Minaj doesn't always look like someone unexpectedly put a finger up her butt, but she always does look like that when she performs. Crazy eyes.
Sorry if that's crude or sexist. I was going to add an ageist joke and say, "I felt as old as Madonna trying to identify the artist cameos during her halftime show," but I'll refrain. (Oops.)
We had the TV on the "big game" for the first half, but I only looked up during the commercials and we turned it off after the halftime show. We had already watched our big game of the day at 12:30 p.m., and the Caps lost to the Bruins 4 to 1. Blah.
Speaking of "the game," how crazy is it that folks are so confused as to whether they're allowed to call it what it is without incurring the wrath of the NFL? Example:
There's an interesting story about that here:Answer Man: Psst! It's OK to say 'Super Bowl'
The fear is justified. In 2006, the NFL tried to also trademark use of the phrase "The Big Game." (They dropped the idea when they realized it was getting them bad press.)
I watched The Thing (2011) prequel to the Carpenter version over the weekend. I want to watch it again, because I had the sound pretty low (sleeping baby in the house). I read a great review of it here after I watched the movie, which made me appreciate the director's intent even more.
We're supposed to learn the results of the medical review sometime after Wednesday this week. The problem is common enough that Laura found a blog by parents who went through the same thing in 2010, so that was informative (and both calming and frightening). It's also common enough that one of Laura's sisters is friends with a couple who went through the same thing with their kid. We'll be talking to them sometime in the future.
There. A good mix of the stupid and the serious. That will be my blog for the time being. Hang on and enjoy the ride. Keep arms and legs inside the car at all times.
Sorry if that's crude or sexist. I was going to add an ageist joke and say, "I felt as old as Madonna trying to identify the artist cameos during her halftime show," but I'll refrain. (Oops.)
We had the TV on the "big game" for the first half, but I only looked up during the commercials and we turned it off after the halftime show. We had already watched our big game of the day at 12:30 p.m., and the Caps lost to the Bruins 4 to 1. Blah.
Speaking of "the game," how crazy is it that folks are so confused as to whether they're allowed to call it what it is without incurring the wrath of the NFL? Example:
There's an interesting story about that here:Answer Man: Psst! It's OK to say 'Super Bowl'
The fear is justified. In 2006, the NFL tried to also trademark use of the phrase "The Big Game." (They dropped the idea when they realized it was getting them bad press.)
I watched The Thing (2011) prequel to the Carpenter version over the weekend. I want to watch it again, because I had the sound pretty low (sleeping baby in the house). I read a great review of it here after I watched the movie, which made me appreciate the director's intent even more.
We're supposed to learn the results of the medical review sometime after Wednesday this week. The problem is common enough that Laura found a blog by parents who went through the same thing in 2010, so that was informative (and both calming and frightening). It's also common enough that one of Laura's sisters is friends with a couple who went through the same thing with their kid. We'll be talking to them sometime in the future.
There. A good mix of the stupid and the serious. That will be my blog for the time being. Hang on and enjoy the ride. Keep arms and legs inside the car at all times.
Comments:
<< Home
While it may be legal, I'm sure the Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse just doesn't want to deal with the hassle and expense of a nuisance lawsuit. That's how folks are silenced, not because they're wrong but because the bully has more money to fight you in court.
Post a Comment
<< Home

