Wednesday, February 22, 2012

 

It's becoming more real

The second doctor team agreed with the opinion that Henry needs surgery to repair the heart issues, and there's no real advantage to waiting until age 3, so it might very well be this summer. On March 1st we're meeting a surgical team and touring a facility at one of the two hospitals we're considering.

This is one of those rare times when having more information will make it more scary, because it will become even more real to us. As it is now I look at him when he falls asleep in my arms and just never want to put him down.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
I keep reading your blog and the stuff Kate is going through over on her blog....I want to comment more....do something...
 
Where are the hospitals? Near you? If you ever head anywhere south, you know you have people here and [obligatory blah blah that I always repeat]. And, of course, much hope from afar.

Reading Mock's comment makes me feel so guilty and selfish, not like I'm not hurting, but that it hurts for all the wrong reasons. You and L. (and H., of course) have all my love.
 
Oh my God. I'm so sorry that you have to go through something like this. You're in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything, let us know.
 
Thanks everybody. And don't feel guilty, Kate! It's not a contest. You're free to worry about your dad!
 
Kate! That was not my intent!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?