Tuesday, February 21, 2012

 

Hey! Where ya been?

First of all, is that really your business? Well, okay, this is a blog, and the entire point is to write and share things. You got me there.

We had Monday off. Three-day weekend! So what did we do? Something fun? Not exactly. Saturday morning I drove out to IKEA (maybe 25 minutes down the highway) to purchase I giant freaking wardrobe for all the kitchen storage. Five long boxes I had to tie to the roof of the car. The wardrobe frame alone weighs 133 lbs. That may not sound like much, but I am but a single man, and an editor at that!

Here, just look at this:
I wish the kid was in the pic, or a stuffed animal, something to give you some perspective about how big this thing is (*that's what she said). The ceilings in this room are nine feet high!

Saturday evening we realized I had picked up the glass doors to the smaller wardrobe. AUGH! Sunday morning I strapped the glass doors to the roof of the car again and drove out to IKEA again to exchange them. Sigh. Strapped the new ones onto the top of the car and gingerly drove home.


Sunday I assembled this monster. I put the doors on Monday morning. While Henry and I were out running errands, Laura organized the kitchen, filling this beast and hiding away all the crazy things a kitchen has that you don't need daily or need to see.

And that was my three-day weekend. Jealous? I'm also getting over a cold! Yay!

Comments:
Good lord, how many bodies could you hide in that thing?
 
MANY
 
Nice job! After my wife saw it, I was glad we do not live near an IKEA!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?