Tuesday, January 03, 2012

 

Memphis on my mind

This pic is for Kate. I decided after my birthday that it was time to stop bringing a backpack to work. I've been at this company nine years this month and I had just turned 40, for Pete's sake. I wasn't in college. I decided a briefcase still wasn't me. I'm no businessman. But a nice messenger bag would be a good compromise between the two. So that's what I got from Laura for Christmas: a very nice black leather Kenneth Cole messenger bag.

But I also found this and couldn't resist adding it to my Amazon wish list, and my father-in-law gave it to me for Christmas:

Officially licensed by Sun Records. It's a mixture of vinyl iron-on (the logo) and stitching (the record grooves. Isn't it awesome? I decided the black leather one would be my work bag and this one would be my play bag. Right now it's holding all the DVDs I got for Christmas... but that's the subject of another post!

Comments:
/me looks around furtively

Yeah, I really haven't surfed to anyone's blog -- or even checked my RSS feeds -- in a couple of weeks. Welcome to head-up-my-tushie-land.

That bag is awesome. I've never seen one like that around here. I wonder if it's online-only.

Then again, it's not like I hang out at local gift stores. Because that would just be weird. But one time I did need an Elvis postcard to send someone not from Memphis (... because that's what one does with postcards ...) and it was surprisingly hard to find. Finally lucked out at Walgreens. Odd.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?