Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Busy day
Going with a new acquaintance from the neighborhood to a Caps game tonight. He has tickets. But with Backstrom and Green out with injuries and Ovi suspended for three games, they're going to have a tough game against the Stanley Cup champs Boston Bruins. Ah well, it's just one game, and it will be fun.
Full disclosure: The point of going (beyond seeing the game) is to, in the words of my wife, "make a friend." My wife is friends with the wife of this guy, they have a daughter a few months older than our kid, and they live two blocks down on our street, so it makes sense. Plus he likes the Caps, plus, as I've mentioned before on this blog, most of my friends are now just Facebook friends, since they live so far away. I can count my nearby friends on a single hand (or cough*finger*cough). So I'm letting the fact that the seats are in the 400s (the highest tier; I've never seen a game and not sat in the 100s) slide and not be a snob (or a knob) about it.
Full disclosure: The point of going (beyond seeing the game) is to, in the words of my wife, "make a friend." My wife is friends with the wife of this guy, they have a daughter a few months older than our kid, and they live two blocks down on our street, so it makes sense. Plus he likes the Caps, plus, as I've mentioned before on this blog, most of my friends are now just Facebook friends, since they live so far away. I can count my nearby friends on a single hand (or cough*finger*cough). So I'm letting the fact that the seats are in the 400s (the highest tier; I've never seen a game and not sat in the 100s) slide and not be a snob (or a knob) about it.
