Saturday, December 03, 2011
It starts with barfing...
Laura bought us tickets to the Revels for this afternoon. The revels are ... huge musical productions done across the country. This one is in DC. You can read about this year's theme here (It's worth the read, honest!). It included a very comical scene with Don Juan fighting a dragon that Henry really enjoyed.
But let's rewind an hour and a half. We're driving around downtown DC looking for a specific parking garage. Henry starts crying, then it gets louder, and louder, and louder. Finally, he spews two full pouches of baby food (pumpkin/pear and apple & cinnamon) all over himself, the backseat, and his car seat. Laura starts crying, because she had planned for this to be an experience to kick off the holiday season and Henry's outfit is covered in orange puke. But there's a superhero in the car: Daddy! I grab paper towels and start wiping him down, and inside his diaper bag: a second outfit, including another Christmasy red top! I strip him down on the sidewalk and toss his nasty clothes in the trunk, then dress him in seconds flat. Clean again, I hand him to Laura and tell her to go ahead inside. I'd park the car and find them (assigned seats made that easy). Henry felt much better after vomiting, and was in good spirits the rest of the afternoon. Yay!
Now we're having some chicken and stuffing for dinner and there's a hockey game at 7, during which I will have a few well-earned brews. Yay again!
But let's rewind an hour and a half. We're driving around downtown DC looking for a specific parking garage. Henry starts crying, then it gets louder, and louder, and louder. Finally, he spews two full pouches of baby food (pumpkin/pear and apple & cinnamon) all over himself, the backseat, and his car seat. Laura starts crying, because she had planned for this to be an experience to kick off the holiday season and Henry's outfit is covered in orange puke. But there's a superhero in the car: Daddy! I grab paper towels and start wiping him down, and inside his diaper bag: a second outfit, including another Christmasy red top! I strip him down on the sidewalk and toss his nasty clothes in the trunk, then dress him in seconds flat. Clean again, I hand him to Laura and tell her to go ahead inside. I'd park the car and find them (assigned seats made that easy). Henry felt much better after vomiting, and was in good spirits the rest of the afternoon. Yay!
Now we're having some chicken and stuffing for dinner and there's a hockey game at 7, during which I will have a few well-earned brews. Yay again!
