Friday, September 02, 2011
At last, pictures!
"Tomorrow" is such a vague word when you're a parent (and lazy about posting!), so here are some pics to end this week...
Someone on Earth knew about the aliens. Someone battled them, and survived. Before Ripley, there was a first encounter. Aliens and humans have fought before! When a human spaceship discovers a vast egg-shaped vessel in Saturn's orbit, the crew powers in to investigate. Thinking the ship might contain usable metal for Earth, they force their way aboard. Three teams split up to explore the ship. Already the aliens have awoken. The first of all the battles unfolds.
Basically, the author is postulating (as he explains in the very interesting Author's Note) that The Company knew about the aliens when they sent Ripley's team to investigate in the first movie. And they knew because there was an encounter before that one. The book was published in 2007 and sounds like how the studio originally envisioned the prequel they're doing. (The movie has since changed focus a bit, but still involves humans and the aliens, and is still set about 30 years before the first movie, so in that aspect they're they same). Check out the movie details for Prometheus here. With Ridley Scott directing, I have medium-high hopes for it!
Now, Labor Day weekend! I seriously doubt I'll post. But I'll probably take a pic or two to post later!
Comments:
<< Home
I so thought the top pic was a bin of cheap wine containers when it first popped up. They look VERY similar to the stuff my Grandmother was drinking the last few years before she died.
We TOTALLY missed the "squeeze" wave raising our....
Post a Comment
We TOTALLY missed the "squeeze" wave raising our....
<< Home

