Monday, August 22, 2011

 

Whew!

Not a lot to write about. We had a good weekend, just the three of us. The boy is showing more personality every day. He smiles and giggles and crawls after the cats and dogs (much to their sighing annoyance!). Biggest accomplishment for me: I installed a new swinging baby gate in the house! Big deal, right? Any asshole can do that. But wait, ya jerk, because there's a catch: The opening is between the end of the counter and the wall between the kitchen and living room, and they do not line up. One ends about four inches before the other, meaning you can't use a standard pressure-lock gate. What do you do?

Well, I found a gate that is designed for use on stairways that has "angle mount" hardware, meaning you can mount the hinges in any direction and the gate will still swivel to the other side. I'm not explaining this very well. I'll take a picture and post it tomorrow (since I know you're dying to see it!). When I was done, I was proud of myself. I took a measurement, did some browsing, found a hinge system that would work (on a gate that can be adjusted to the size I needed) and installed it successfully. Go handyman Smacky!

I also watched Hobo With a Shotgun (click link for plot synopsis) on Netflix streaming Friday night during HUGE thunderstorms. The movie is not for everyone, and it's a bit over the top on violence, but Rutger Hauer is in it, and he's excellent in everything.

Finally, I broke out the instructions and reconfigured the boy's exersaucer to its third (and final) stage. No more will he bounce. Now he WALKS around the "S"-shaped activity table! He's still not walking yet, but he can stand unassisted for quite a while if he's engaged with something.


Oh, and Ghaddaffi is about to be kicked out of Libya (and replaced by a rebel leader who spent the last 20 years living less than five miles from CIA headquarters. Coincidence? Don't you believe it!) and the West Memphis 3 were released after being scapegoats for nearly 20 years. So yeah, busy weekend!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?