Wednesday, August 03, 2011
How my mind works
The gas light came on in my car this morning, so I pulled in to the 7-11 to fuel up. Standing there watching the numbers fly up (seriously, why do we allow oil companies to charge about $4 a gallon? Don't give me that supply-and-demand bullshit. They're having record profits every quarter now!) when this caught my eye:
According to the poster there are four cups available but I didn't know who the other three were so I concentrated on Rowdy Roddy Piper here (who I've never seen wrestle and only know from the awesome movie They Live).
What held my attention is the fact that he's wearing something on his wrist. A gold Rolex? A MedicAlert bracelet? I'm pretty sure even the genre of "sports entertainment" involves enough physicality that wearing jewelry in the ring is a no-no. [Ring. Jewelry. I made a joke there!]
So that's a snapshot of my morning and how my brain processes new information.
What held my attention is the fact that he's wearing something on his wrist. A gold Rolex? A MedicAlert bracelet? I'm pretty sure even the genre of "sports entertainment" involves enough physicality that wearing jewelry in the ring is a no-no. [Ring. Jewelry. I made a joke there!]
So that's a snapshot of my morning and how my brain processes new information.
Comments:
<< Home
We are without 7-11s in Vermont....
However the urge to reference bubblegum and butt kicking is nearly overwhelming....
However the urge to reference bubblegum and butt kicking is nearly overwhelming....
I wish we had 7-11's up here in Wyomin'. That was my favorite gas station when I lived in a real state. But if we're heading down that path, I'd also like a Target, an Old Navy, and a pony, please.
There are places in America where 7-11s and Targets don't exist? I'm shocked! You should write their corporate offices. I'm sure it's an oversight and they'll start constructing one this weekend!
We, too, are without 7-11s. Are Slurpees as awesome as I imagine them to be??
Also, I read the summary for They Live on Wikipedia. I'm pretty sure I have saved myself 93 minutes of precious time.
Also, I read the summary for They Live on Wikipedia. I'm pretty sure I have saved myself 93 minutes of precious time.
No Target here, either. At is why we build our road trips around hitting so many of them.
And Kate, you probably aren't the target audience for They Live but they are a GLORIOUS 93 minutes....
Post a Comment
And Kate, you probably aren't the target audience for They Live but they are a GLORIOUS 93 minutes....
<< Home


