Monday, August 01, 2011
Always on the move...
This has been a whirlwind two weeks, looking back. DC to the river, to my hometown for a funeral, to DC again, to the river again, all in seven days. A triangle (with one side drawn three times).
Back at in the land of temps approaching 100 degrees.
Oh! We're doing the Civitan Flea Market again this Saturday, so come and buy some of our random crap! At the last one we made over $600! And this time L's sister is coming down from NYC with her husband and a car full of junk to sell in the parking spot next to ours!
Do I ever sleep?
Yeah, sometimes.
But I don't have any set schedule!
Back at in the land of temps approaching 100 degrees.
Oh! We're doing the Civitan Flea Market again this Saturday, so come and buy some of our random crap! At the last one we made over $600! And this time L's sister is coming down from NYC with her husband and a car full of junk to sell in the parking spot next to ours!
Do I ever sleep?
Yeah, sometimes.
But I don't have any set schedule!
Comments:
<< Home
It's hot in Memphis, too. In fact, I think the term "oppressive heat" applies. It's 96 degrees today (heat index of 108) and is forecast to be 99 tomorrow.
The TV weather dude said we're under a "heat advisory" (defined as "a period of hot temperatures") today and Wednesday morning, then we'll move into an "excessive heat watch" (defined as a "prolonged period of dangerously hot temperatures") Wednesday afternoon and Thursday. ... Those labels really mean nothing to me. Sticking to "hot" and "hotter" is just fine.
The TV weather dude said we're under a "heat advisory" (defined as "a period of hot temperatures") today and Wednesday morning, then we'll move into an "excessive heat watch" (defined as a "prolonged period of dangerously hot temperatures") Wednesday afternoon and Thursday. ... Those labels really mean nothing to me. Sticking to "hot" and "hotter" is just fine.
Yeah, we get "heat advisory" here too, even when it's 100 degrees with a heat index of 116 or more. Why? Because anything more severe than "advisory" and the city buses run for free, and they can't afford to lose a day's revenue. So sorry grandma on a fixed income. You have to choose between that bottle of water and bus fare home.
(That is such a bed-wetting liberal argument I set up there, isn't it? Oh well, whatev.)
(That is such a bed-wetting liberal argument I set up there, isn't it? Oh well, whatev.)
I will have to see if I remember my Twitter password to see if you and Lee engaged in any liberal/conservatism arguments recently.
...and a Flea Market update coming?!!? I don't think I knew you made so much the first time!
Post a Comment
...and a Flea Market update coming?!!? I don't think I knew you made so much the first time!
<< Home

