Friday, July 29, 2011
Productive
This has been the first time I've been alone in the house for three days, ever. I've been busting my butt doing things I can't do otherwise. Like what? Like this:
This is our attic. The shiny stuff in the picture is rolls of insulation I installed with a kick-ass staple gun. The ground floor living area is already cooler because of it, which is not a moment too soon, with another weekend with temps expected over 100 degrees!
I also did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, organized the pantry, straightened the basement, cleaned the baby's room, culled junk and tossed it, filled lawn bags with dry brush, and went grocery shopping for items to bring to the river this weekend. Whew!
I also listed and sold a few things on Amazon, gave some attention to the cats (who do actually love attention, even when they act aloof), and slept... well, not like a baby, because I know how a baby sleeps, and I did not wake up every few hours crying! (Seriously, "slept like a baby" is the dumbest phrase ever. Whose baby was that based on???) No, I slept like a person with the entire bed to himself in a cool, dark room. Gotta admit, I enjoyed it. But I can't wait to see them after work and a three-hour drive this evening!
I also did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, organized the pantry, straightened the basement, cleaned the baby's room, culled junk and tossed it, filled lawn bags with dry brush, and went grocery shopping for items to bring to the river this weekend. Whew!
I also listed and sold a few things on Amazon, gave some attention to the cats (who do actually love attention, even when they act aloof), and slept... well, not like a baby, because I know how a baby sleeps, and I did not wake up every few hours crying! (Seriously, "slept like a baby" is the dumbest phrase ever. Whose baby was that based on???) No, I slept like a person with the entire bed to himself in a cool, dark room. Gotta admit, I enjoyed it. But I can't wait to see them after work and a three-hour drive this evening!
Comments:
<< Home
Man, your attic is SHINY now. It looks like you put up a bunch of those visors that people have in their windshields!
Post a Comment
<< Home


