Tuesday, July 26, 2011

 

Living and moving

Friday we went to our place on the water, then Sunday afternoon we drove across the state to my hometown for the funeral of my great aunt on Monday. We took two cars so that this morning Laura and the baby could return to the water place while I completed the triangle and ended up back up in the DC area. I mowed a little, did some major cleaning and sorting, did some laundry, and went to the grocery store for supplies.

Now I'm watching an episode of the '60s Star Trek and having a dinner of a cold chicken breast and potato salad, followed by a cool bath and reading a little in bed before going to sleep.

I miss my wife and kid, but I am determined to make the most of these three days until I drive down to rejoin them Friday after work!

Oh, I have some music to recommend: "Barton Hollow" by the Civil Wars. If it's country, it's old country (as in, it has a little Irish in it!). The songs are love songs, and lullabies, really. Our boy is going to be hearing it soon. Check out the studio version of "To Whom It May Concern." It's my early choice for favorite song by them.



And here's a live performance of the same song.


Comments:
Love the music!!!
 
I hope you get lots of non-baby-interrupted sleep!
 
I had marked this post to read later for a time when I could finally listen to the song. Also putting it on the playlist for today's road trip!

Off to raid Kate's site for some more ideas...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?