Thursday, June 16, 2011

 

When the day starts this way, it has to get better!

This morning the boy awoke at 5am and was content to stare at me for 30 minutes before deciding he had had enough and it was time to get up. Just as I got to a standing position, he projectile vomited formula on me, again, and again, and again. I carried him to the bathroom to grab a towel and stared at us in the mirror. I had to laugh. We were both covered in white vomit. He had even gotten it on my chin, making it look like I had in fact vomited on him. He too looked in the mirror and smiled. At that age, post-vomit is about the happiest time of your life because all you know is that you feel better.

And that's how my day began.

Oh, did I mention that a colleague retired last week, and finally, after more than eight years, I will be getting her office. The big office with a wall of three windows. I'll post pics when the move is complete. Here's what it feels like:



I love this song. Probably my favorite song of an artist with MANY songs I love.

Comments:
So he stood there for 30 minutes before you got up, then projectile-vomited on you? Sounds like that little surprise was planned, Dad.
 
He didn't look especially bothered by the whole thing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?