Monday, May 23, 2011

 

Sigh

Having an annoying time with my insurance company. When you are diagnosed with something by a medical doctor, and then get it treated by a dentist, how the hell are you supposed to submit the claim to the insurance company? I've done it twice so far, and was just on the phone with them for almost an hour, being told the second one "has errors," mainly the dentist's bill does not have a diagnosis code. The diagnosis came from a medical doctor. The treatment came from the dentist. The dentist did include a treatment code. Now I'm waiting for a return call from the medical doctor so I can ask him for a letter with a diagnosis code in it, so I can have it in case the insurance company demands I submit it. (And WTF, insurance company? Everything has to be physically mailed to a PO box in Kentucky? Why? Why can't I at least fax it to you?!?).

At least we had a silver lining (unrelated to this but of a financial bent): The gentleman who purchased the DVD ROM of the comic collection last week must have been happy with the purchase, because he bought the Captain America one from me last night for $175. Which helps a little as I wait for the insurance company to reimburse me for the $850 I spent at the dentist (which is supposed to be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT COVERED BY INSURANCE SO JUST PAY ME BACK!!!!!).

I need to win the lottery. Not a huge jackpot, just a medium-sized one. I'd be thrilled with... $250K. That's it. I'm not greedy. Pay our bills, send the kid to college. I don't need "quit your job" money.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?