Thursday, May 26, 2011

 

Hurt

If the introduction of Johnny Cash to a new generation of music fans is ultimately Rick Rubin's final legacy, I think he should be okay with that. Because, oh man... what an introduction!


Comments:
For all the times I've heard this song, I've never watched the video. It makes the vocals even more powerful.

(P.S. Come to Memphis in February and you can see Sun Studio, the musical "Million Dollar Quartet," and Graceland. Or come in January or August; you'll miss MDQ, but you can still tour Sun Studio and be here for Elvis Week[s]. You like Cash, you like Elvis ... I'm just sayin' ...)

(P.P.S. I've never been inside Graceland or Sun Studio, though I have gone twice to Elvis Week festivities to marvel at the candles, shrines and crying women. I'll get around to those tours someday.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?