Thursday, April 14, 2011
Technology is confusing
I made an executive decision regarding my iPod the other day, and after doing a little research (and considering my age and hearing) I decided to click the box that said "Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC for this iPod." Would I hear the difference? I don't know. Forums seemed to be 75% people saying you wouldn't notice the difference and 25% snobs saying "anything less than FLAC is a sin!"
All I know is that I had barely 2 GB left on a 160 GB iPod, and now I have 51 GB free. Isn't that crazy? The downside is that it took over 36 hours to transfer all the songs to the lower rate! The upside is I have 50 free gigs now!
Please tell me if I made a mistake. I can take it.
All I know is that I had barely 2 GB left on a 160 GB iPod, and now I have 51 GB free. Isn't that crazy? The downside is that it took over 36 hours to transfer all the songs to the lower rate! The upside is I have 50 free gigs now!
Please tell me if I made a mistake. I can take it.
Comments:
<< Home
Ugh. I just cleaned off my 160 because I had 3GB left. If I'd known I could convert to AAC, I wouldn't have deleted so much stuff. (OK, granted, I didn't need 18 live concerts from bands I don't listen to ... but still!)
Final verdict: I can't really tell the difference. At all. Granted, I am listening to an iPod through a cheap set of speakers at work and not a fancy Bose system, but whatever. I'm satisfied, he said, and audio snobs died a little inside.
Post a Comment
<< Home

