Sunday, March 06, 2011

 

POST 1,200!

Holy moly, this is my 1,200th post! Technically there were more, as I begin my blogging adventure on Mblog, I believe it was called, and they closed up their site over one weekend and offered to sell me my archives for $40. I passed. But that was where I ran into Grrface, so something good came out of it. That was in... 2004? Wow! We've been blog buds for over six years. And that led to Kate, who has a career in the editorial field as well. My interest in geeky things like action figures and comics led me to both De and Mock. They're all linked in my sidebar to the left as well. In fact, they may be the only people who ever read what I write, so it's like my blog is a cul-de-sac on the information superhighway. But it's a nice cul-de-sac, where the neighbors are friendly!

I feel like this should be a long, newsy post, but the kid is snoozing and I have a rare moment to organize stuff on my iTunes and I can't resist.

The kid is getting bigger all the time:

He loves this thing, and so do we because it keeps him happy and occupied!

The Washington Capitals game on Thursday was awesome. Big win for the team! And they played this afternoon in Florida and won as well, so they're on a four-game winning streak, and today they officially reclaimed the top spot in their division!

Oh, and to answer your question, Mock, my wife's sister and her husband came down with their SUV today and we went over and got the chair! It's in our house now. Meanwhile, the sofa that I dragged to the curb Saturday morning is now in the garage, because although I posted on Freecycle and our neighborhood listserv, not a single person wanted it. I had to move it alone, lifting one side and swinging it around, then moving to the other end and repeating the process 18 times. Sheesh! And of course it's been raining ever since last night! We went to Maggiano's for lunch after loading everything up. Very good Italian food.

Oh, and my wife's aunt also had a box of records she said I could take. I crossed my fingers and tossed it in the car. When I got home I sorted them. About 70% is going to Goodwill, but the others... well, that's a blog post in itself! I'll say this about two of them: One was a record released only in England, Austria, and Japan in 1966. Another is by The King of Rock-n-Roll and includes a lyric sheet in two languages... :-), though one of the languages is native to a country he never visited.

Now to sync my iPod, catch Chopped All-Stars, and try to get some sleep before the kid wakes up in the middle of the night (because he probably will!!!)

Have a great week everyone. Here's to the next 1,200!

Comments:
Hear hear!
 
Congrats! And I hope the iTunes organization worked out well for you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?