Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Checking in from Deep 13.
Sarlacc Pit (ask Grrface).
This has been happening in my life:
This has been happening in my life:
- Kid simply will not sleep through the night. And he's not particularly grumpy about it! He cried last night at 3:30am and I picked him up and took him into the other room and he looked perfectly calm, like he was waiting for a bus. But he didn't look drowsy at all. I had to walk around with him for 30 minutes before he finally fell asleep. And then he was up with me at 6am.
- A friend asked if I wanted to go to a Caps game tomorrow night. Heck yes. That should be fun.
- We're meeting that same friend for dinner this Saturday night.
- My wife's aunt has a chair she offered to us, and my wife wants it. We are going to visit this aunt this afternoon after work. I said to the wife we could bring an old sheet and some rope and tie the chair to the rack on top of her car (It's certainly capable. I hauled a class-top patio table that way). She said "No, we have lots of family with SUVs. We'll borrow one sometime from them." Again, we are going to see this woman(and see the chair) this evening. Why make a second trip later (plus the time to go borrow and return an SUV from someone) to get this chair? Wife said I'm always in "Now, now now" mode. I said why do I want this chore hanging over me when I can knock it out today? I've always been that way. Let's get this crap done so we can relax later. Scratch it off the "to do" list, dammit!
- Charlie Sheen is like a slow motion bus crash. I can't look away. I never watched his show (and was shocked to learn it had such amazing ratings, and that he was the highest paid actor on television!), but his interviews are so bizarre. He's clearly on something but proclaims he's cured himself with his own mind; that dying is for losers; that he has tiger blood and Adonis DNA. It actually reminds me of an interview I watched once of Charles Manson (interviewed by Geraldo Rivera). I'm glad his kids are out of that house now, but I can't pretend to take the moral high ground and say I'm not going to watch or read about any weird ass things he does and says.I wish people on Facebook understood that by posting (and then having a 30-comment conversation) about how they wish Sheen would go away they're still having a discussion about Charlie Sheen. It's just wrapped in an annoyed pretext of "I'm better than that. I don't care to hear about such things."

