Tuesday, January 11, 2011

 

One of the good ones

Last night was one of those times when I feel like I'm getting this parenting thing down. The boy was in a great mood, smiling, giggling, chilling with me. He didn't cry once the entire time his mom was gone at her doctor's appointment. He didn't cry once when she left again to go return something at a store and pick up dinner. He fell asleep in my arms after dinner and slept there for an hour. He started crying about 30 minutes after I put him in his crib and I picked him up and rocked him a few minutes until he was asleep again, then I put him back in his crib. He only woke up once during the night, at 2, to eat, then slept until almost 7. He looked up and gave me a smile before I left for work this morning.

There will certainly be days like a few days ago, when I couldn't find a position to hold him in that didn't make him scream like I was trying to bend his elbow the wrong way and he would only stop crying if his mom held him and it made me feel like he didn't like me...

but to quote Ice Cube, "I gotta say, today was a good day."

Comments:
That's easily the hardest part about being a dad. When Miriya was a bit younger than Henry, I picked her up from the nanny and it was prety much a non-stop cry fest every day until Emily came home to take over.

It's really hard not to take it personally. Eventually, they realize that dad is pretty awesome too. Wait until he's old enough to run to you after you get home from work.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?