Saturday, January 01, 2011

 

Another year begins

Did anyone have a good 2010? The overwhelming majority of comments I've seen fall into the "F you, 2010, not sorry to see you go" category. Obviously the biggest thing for us was the arrival of the boy and all the sweeping changes he brought with him. Sleep? What's that? Books? Who has time to read books? (I received some books for Christmas, so I hope I somehow find the time to read them.)

I've learned that plans are for suckas and it's when you plan things too closely that the monkeys start tossing their wrenches to laugh at you when you get frustrated, so I've been on a day-by-day game plan. Right now everyone in our house is reasonable healthy. The baby has started teething, if you can believe that, and Baby Orajel is a great invention.

Work is going well, at least in terms of job satisfaction and feeling good about it at the end of the day. (A raise would be nice. Damn economy. We have another member of our family now, and the phrase "baby needs a new pair of shoes" resonates with me. Diapers ain't free.)

My hope for the new year is to (1) Feel like we're making some forward movement and not just treading water (re: job, finances, kid) and (2) Try to remember to take a moment each day and be thankful for what I do have.

Comments:
Happy New Year!

I am distinctly in the "2010 SUCKED" camp, but I think I'm going to use your second hope as my resolution...nicely put.
 
I could stand to try Hope #2 a little more often. I'm lucky to call you friend. Let's take Henry and go get a beer soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?