Monday, December 13, 2010

 

December just keeps on going

I managed to improve my mood quite a bit over the weekend. It was just wearing us down having a sick dog (who is much better now!), a baby who needs constant attention, and a house where something always needs to be done (laundry, trash, dishes, etc.) and you feel like you're overwhelmed. A relaxing weekend helped.

The Caps lost two games, which brings their losing streak to seven. Yikes. But I'd much rather them have the slump now than in April in the playoffs (like last year). Now they have time to get their act together.

Speaking of the Washington Capitals... check this out:


One of my favorite players is Matt Bradley. He's older than the average age of the team, he's not one of the hotshot stars, but he's what they call a "grinder." He works his ass off to get shots and move the puck. He makes other players look good by opening up the ice for them. And he's not afraid of a fight (though he readily jokes that his skin is made of paper [he's a bleeder]). He's married and has a young kid, which also sets him apart from the single superstars (and is another thing he has in common with me). I got this puck last week from ebay. The Winter Classic is an outdoor hockey game that will be played in Pittsburgh on New Year's Day between the Caps and the Penguins. The Winter Classic pucks go for between $10 and $15. This one is signed by Matt Bradley in gold ink and had a starting bid of $9 (with free shipping). Guess who was the only bidder? Between the cost of the puck and the time and effort to get the autograph in person, the seller actually lost money selling this to me! The case is a puck case and came from Micheal's when it was 1/2 off plus an additional 25% off with a coupon (so I got it for $2.50).

My office is closing the last week of December. I looked at my vacation time, spoke it over with the wife, and decided to take the week before Christmas, along with Friday the 17th. That means I only have three more days of work after today, folks, followed by 17 days off!

Wooooooooooo!

Comments:
Seventeen days off? Lucky duck! (I guess that makes you lucky duck with a puck - har!)
 
Wow....I'm in public education and we only have 10 days off....I'm jealous!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?