Sunday, November 14, 2010
Babies are fun
Yesterday we drove up into Maryland to visit Henry's godparents (Laura's sister and husband). Baby clothes were purchased, coos over the baby were made, and barbecue was eaten!
Here's a pic I posted on Facebook:
One of the comments really bugged Laura. A friend of ours left the comment, " You know I think Henry is adorable, but I don't like seeing a baby bottom atop someplace I might eat! Parents do this all the time..."
It didn't annoy me, because she has a valid point, although I don't know why she thinks his clean pants are worse than the dirty wet rag they use to wipe off the table between customers. His pants are definitely cleaner. L got defensive about it though. But the number of people who "liked" the pic (and how many of them have or had little kids) is validation that we aren't monsters for doing that.
Besides, I could have posted the pic I put on Twitter:
along with the caption "We are great parents. Don't worry, he couldn't finish his, so I helped!"
Kids are fun to pose.
Here's a pic I posted on Facebook:
It didn't annoy me, because she has a valid point, although I don't know why she thinks his clean pants are worse than the dirty wet rag they use to wipe off the table between customers. His pants are definitely cleaner. L got defensive about it though. But the number of people who "liked" the pic (and how many of them have or had little kids) is validation that we aren't monsters for doing that.
Besides, I could have posted the pic I put on Twitter:
Kids are fun to pose.
Comments:
<< Home
I missed the Facebook drama, but big friggin' deal. Not only is the baby's bum covered by pants, but also by a paper/plastic shield (unless you're using cloth diapers). Besides, he's at the very edge of the table. Sheesh, lighten up people.
Post a Comment
<< Home

