Friday, July 02, 2010

 

Sometimes I love my job...

Despite the recent grumblings I've made to my wife about some aspects of my job (got a promotion and no raise last year, got the standard cost-of-living raise this year with no bump taking into account the promotion of the previous year, no merit raises despite the fact that our department had its best sales record in the history of the company for our books again this year, beating the best-ever record we set last year, despite the crappy economy!)...

...there are still moments I love my job. This week I sent the author of a book I'm editing the cover design for his approval. He loved it, but sent a few notes to change the frog on the cover from a South American tree frog to a North American tree frog, namely having five toes on its back legs and a yellow belly. The designer made the changes and the author approved it.

Part of my job this week was ensuring the correct species of frog was on a book cover.

That's pretty cool.

Comments:
That's pretty awesome that you get to edit frogs, too :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?