Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Pineapple
So the baby on the way is supposedly a bit over 4 lbs. now and proportional to a pineapple. Huh.
We received a not-good update on the status of L's stepsister's boyfriend. They removed him from the sedation drugs, but he remains unconscious. A full neurological exam is being conducted. The doctors have advised that an MRI cannot be done due to his condition and warned that the neurological exam may reveal that his brain cannot recover from his injuries.
I've never met the guy (this stepsister lives in another town and we don't see her too often), but I certainly feel for all involved.
* * *
We received a not-good update on the status of L's stepsister's boyfriend. They removed him from the sedation drugs, but he remains unconscious. A full neurological exam is being conducted. The doctors have advised that an MRI cannot be done due to his condition and warned that the neurological exam may reveal that his brain cannot recover from his injuries.
I've never met the guy (this stepsister lives in another town and we don't see her too often), but I certainly feel for all involved.
* * *
Since it is apparently impossible to order parts for a wet/dry shop vac, I finally quit searching for a replacement hose and bought a new one on sale at Home Depot. It's bigger and has a stronger motor, so, yay! I vacuumed the basement yesterday afternoon. An unfinished basement gets VERY dusty!
Since it is apparently impossible to order parts for a wet/dry shop vac, I finally quit searching for a replacement hose and bought a new one on sale at Home Depot. It's bigger and has a stronger motor, so, yay! I vacuumed the basement yesterday afternoon. An unfinished basement gets VERY dusty!
* * *
We're going to a reception at a pediatrician center this evening to meet our potential baby doc. Gotta get one chosen before the kid gets here.
We're going to a reception at a pediatrician center this evening to meet our potential baby doc. Gotta get one chosen before the kid gets here.

