Thursday, July 22, 2010

 

Elvis in the news (sort of)

This was an interesting story (Hey Kate! Is this your paper?)

From The Commercial Appeal, July 19, 2010 (Click headline to go to story):

Renovator finds Graceland gems in stained glass

I don't know that they're as valuable as he hopes they are. They were never at Graceland. The builder had four left over and used them somewhere else. They were originally together when he brought them over from Spain in the 1960s. Hmmm.

On one hand, it's like instead of buying a piece of the Berlin Wall, you buy a rock from the quarry from which the Berlin Wall materials were mined.

On the other hand, there is a definite Elvis connection, and some people are freaks for anything Elvis. If I owned anything Elvis, I'd love an ornately designed jumpsuit (in a display case) or his famous gold suit:

It goes down like this: We win the lottery, I buy this suit (or, barring that, have an exact copy made) and wear it to work to announce I am quitting in memorable style!

Comments:
That's the metro paper. I'm at the business daily.

I wish you guys could make it down here for the candlelight vigil. It's quite an interesting experience. Put it on your bucket list.
 
Less than seven weeks to go, no way she's getting on a plane!

She's not Sarah Palin, who supposedly went into labor and THEN boarded a flight from Texas to Alaska (WTF?!?)
 
FYI ... I just got email spam from your address. Not sure if it was spoofed or if you were hacked, but I didn't want to take a chance with a reply. Online meds site.
 
Yeah, I changed my password just in case. Don't really understand how a program does that. Sorry!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?