Monday, July 12, 2010

 

Back!

After 11 days on vacation (including weekends), I'm back home. From Friday, July 2, to Friday, July 9, it was lazy days spent sleeping in, reading, napping, lazing in the pool in the late afternoon, and idly wondering what to have for dinner.

On Friday the 9th my family showed up for the weekend. We had a baby shower on Saturday afternoon, with about 20 people attending. There were three kids, so we had a pinata shaped like a monkey. Good times.

On Sunday I had figured we'd have a late breakfast for everyone and get on the road. However... it turned out that Laura's retired parents and my retired parents were having too much fun and didn't want to pack up and leave! They went out in the boat (TWICE), once trolling my two nephews behind it on an inner tube. We told them they were welcome to come back any time (including in August, when our house would be empty).

Anyway, we ended up getting out after 2, then getting back home around 5. Hot and tired, I still worked two more hours (recall that last week the rooms were all painted, meaning I had left furniture in piles all over while paint dried!

I reinstalled bathroom cabinets on walls, installed the bedroom closet hardware so Laura could start hanging up little outfits (she's been waiting to do that for months!), and tried to whittle the piles down (and scratch a few items off the "to-do" list).

Speaking of deadlines, tomorrow it will be eight weeks until Laura's due date!

We have to get the other bedroom carpeted before we can move any more furniture back into its place. So I still have mattresses standing in the sun porch, night stands in the kitchen, and much of my clothes sitting in piles waiting for me to build the new dresser for them (which will go in the bedroom once the carpet is installed...). I feel like I'm positioning dominoes and the first one has to be placed (carpet) before the rest can fall. And the kid is not going to wait until we're done!

Comments:
Since it sounds like you need all the time you can get, here's hoping the little one waits all eight weeks and doesn't decide to make an early entrance!
 
You're building a dresser? Did you buy one from Ikea, or you're going to Home Depot to get some lumber?
 
IKEA! I suppose "assembling" would be a better word. That garage door I built is a monument to the apex of my carpentry skills. There will be no other project involving lumber any time soon!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?