Saturday, April 03, 2010
Two weekend pics
Watched the Caps set a new team record tonight by winning their 51st regular season game (they tied their previous record of 50 wins in a season on Thursday, a record previously set in 1985). The posed for their team photo on Wednesday. I haven't seen the high-res version yet, but here's one taken by the Washington Post:

I've also been listening to some random tunes this weekend, including Adam Ant and Bow Wow Wow:
We also bought a car seat and identified the crib we want!
And, in a turn that will ensure this post is all over the map, I sent an email to a friend on Thursday, and his wife emailed me this morning and said that he tried to kill himself Thursday night. She said he's in the ICU, but will be okay and home soon. I don't know any more details, but I hope he's getting the help he needs. He lives four hours away so I don't get to see him very often the last few years. Fingers crossed he'll get better.

I've also been listening to some random tunes this weekend, including Adam Ant and Bow Wow Wow:
We also bought a car seat and identified the crib we want!And, in a turn that will ensure this post is all over the map, I sent an email to a friend on Thursday, and his wife emailed me this morning and said that he tried to kill himself Thursday night. She said he's in the ICU, but will be okay and home soon. I don't know any more details, but I hope he's getting the help he needs. He lives four hours away so I don't get to see him very often the last few years. Fingers crossed he'll get better.
Comments:
<< Home
Good luck to your friend.
I'm sure it is not up your alley, but "Thirteen Reasons" (a YA novel) helped me deal with a rough time like that recently...
I'm sure it is not up your alley, but "Thirteen Reasons" (a YA novel) helped me deal with a rough time like that recently...
I hope things turn out well for your friend. I certainly know that (somewhat helpless) feeling of being far away and unable to visit often.
Also, I'm so excited for you guys. I'm enjoying your little updates about buying this or that — even your update about L's changing tastes. It's all part of the process. It's fun being a spectator to such a big, exciting change in your lives. :)
Post a Comment
Also, I'm so excited for you guys. I'm enjoying your little updates about buying this or that — even your update about L's changing tastes. It's all part of the process. It's fun being a spectator to such a big, exciting change in your lives. :)
<< Home

