Monday, April 26, 2010
Try a Little Tenderness
We had a very good weekend. It unfortunately started with the Caps blowing home ice advantage and game 5 to lose to Montreal 2-1, necessitating a game 6 in Montreal tonight. The Caps have a hard time "closing the deal."
Saturday we went to the baby store and ordered the glider for Laura. She'll be spending a LOT of time in that chair, rocking and feeding a baby, so we looked at a number of places before returning to this store to place the order. It's built like a La-Z-Boy rather than a rocking chair, which will be much more comfortable sitting in hours at a time. Then we went to a nice lunch out and came home and both napped. (Gotta get your naps when you can! Good practice for when the kid arrives).
Sunday morning we went to breakfast at a diner and Laura swore the guy in the booth across from us was a Washington Redskin, but didn't know which one. I don't follow football, so I was no help.
Sunday afternoon we were cleaning and organizing and I walked in to the bedroom to find L looking a bit despondent and asked her what was wrong. She sighed and said "nothing," but I pressed it and she said she was feeling overwhelmed because we had so much to do, etc. I put my arms around her and told her not to worry, that we'll get everything done. Then I told her to go sit and watch something on TV to take a break because she was probably tired. Long story short, I heard her on the phone a few hours later telling one of her sisters what I great husband I am.
So, in honor of my spontaneous awesomeness, here's Mr. Otis Redding, with some very good advice...
Saturday we went to the baby store and ordered the glider for Laura. She'll be spending a LOT of time in that chair, rocking and feeding a baby, so we looked at a number of places before returning to this store to place the order. It's built like a La-Z-Boy rather than a rocking chair, which will be much more comfortable sitting in hours at a time. Then we went to a nice lunch out and came home and both napped. (Gotta get your naps when you can! Good practice for when the kid arrives).
Sunday morning we went to breakfast at a diner and Laura swore the guy in the booth across from us was a Washington Redskin, but didn't know which one. I don't follow football, so I was no help.
Sunday afternoon we were cleaning and organizing and I walked in to the bedroom to find L looking a bit despondent and asked her what was wrong. She sighed and said "nothing," but I pressed it and she said she was feeling overwhelmed because we had so much to do, etc. I put my arms around her and told her not to worry, that we'll get everything done. Then I told her to go sit and watch something on TV to take a break because she was probably tired. Long story short, I heard her on the phone a few hours later telling one of her sisters what I great husband I am.
So, in honor of my spontaneous awesomeness, here's Mr. Otis Redding, with some very good advice...
Comments:
<< Home
A good man is, indeed, hard to find. I've always appreciated how Paul encourages me in my flights of fancy — but also know when something's wrong and how to make it better. You and Paul are more intuitive than the majority of guys. :)
P.S. I'll claim Otis on Memphis' behalf. You're welcome, Entire City.
Post a Comment
P.S. I'll claim Otis on Memphis' behalf. You're welcome, Entire City.
<< Home

