Thursday, April 29, 2010
Motivated
I'm getting a wee-bit anxious about having everything ready by the time the little guy gets here, but I'm frankly running out of stuff I can do until we get the rooms painted. Then Monday I remembered something Laura mentioned about getting the three big gray bookcases in our house all in the same place, so that's what I spent two hours doing: Stripping the bookcases of everything on them, moving them, and replacing the stuff. I had to shim the bottom of the bookcases to make them even, no surprise the front room slants slightly, it was built in 1935 and before it was walled and windowed, that room was the front porch!
It's a work in progress, as everything above the bottom two levels of books is junk I tossed on there to be organized later.
One interesting (to me) effect is that the two room from which I removed the bookcases both seem twice as large. Yet the front room, which now holds three bookcases, also seems bigger! I moved a chair into the newly empty corner of the living room, and our cat Buzz instantly claimed it as his own.
The chair is in the opposite corner from the chair where L sits when she works form home, and Buzz sat in this chair all day yesterday and watched her (when he wasn't sleeping, of course).
It's a work in progress, as everything above the bottom two levels of books is junk I tossed on there to be organized later.One interesting (to me) effect is that the two room from which I removed the bookcases both seem twice as large. Yet the front room, which now holds three bookcases, also seems bigger! I moved a chair into the newly empty corner of the living room, and our cat Buzz instantly claimed it as his own.
The chair is in the opposite corner from the chair where L sits when she works form home, and Buzz sat in this chair all day yesterday and watched her (when he wasn't sleeping, of course).