Thursday, April 22, 2010

 

Art!

After work yesterday I went to a new comic shop about 15 minutes from my office (thanks for the heads-up, De! They just opened in March, so they're still getting set up, but they have a huge selection of toys (including new Mego-style Star Trek and Planet of the Apes figs, De!) and a lot of comics. The back issue section isn't huge yet, but it looks like it is expanding. I easily located the issue 81 of Starman (Robinson written, unfortunately not Tony Harris drawn) and issue 6 (of 6) of the Return of Captain America, the only two issues I really had an interest in reading from the last four months.

The store also has a shelving unit of both original art and prints from random artists (a real grab-bag). I don't know if I mentioned that we're having a baby? Yeah, we're having a baby. Anyway, I saw something and thought it might be perfect for a little boy's room:

You know, because he's gonna be a little boy with two dogs for pals.

It's a print, signed by the artist. Laura loved it, which really made me happy, because I got it without checking with her first, and recently I haven't been 100% certain when something I was doing or a choice I was making might upset her (she's pregnant, yo).

It's 11x17, so I'm going to pick up a frame for it, maybe with a matte, and it will be ready for his room!

Comments:
Nice superman and superdog pic hehe. So funky, coolness! they are flying!
 
D'awww! You can't go wrong with Krypto.
 
smacky wrote "recently I haven't been 100% certain when something I was doing or a choice I was making might upset her (she's pregnant, yo)"

I'm glad you picked up on that...and the print is awesome. Do you know anything about the artist and availability elsewhere? It would look nice in my classroom...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?