Monday, April 05, 2010
Another box to look at until it's ready to assemble...
I mentioned in the last post that we bought a car seat and the little swing the car seat fits into on Saturday and that we saw the crib we wanted. The crib is the Palisades 3-in-1 convertible crib (goes from crib to toddler bed to kid's bed) with a dark walnut finish. It was originally $600 but is being discontinued (just this particular model, and not for safety reasons!). It was marked down to $199. We asked about it on Saturday and the woman told us they only had one in stock and it was on hold for a customer until tomorrow. We could call and see if they claimed it or not.
When I woke up on Sunday I checked the store's website and saw that they would be open at 11am (on Easter Sunday, no less), so I got Laura to call the store promptly at 11 and ask about the crib. There wasn't a hold on it, so we claimed it and drove over immediately to get it (The store is about 20 minutes away in Springfield, VA). We also discovered we could use a 20% off coupon for the purchase, so we got an additional $40 off! They brought the box out and luckily I still had rope in Laura's car from our trip to IKEA, because it was not doing to fit inside the car!
I already posted this pic on Facebook with the title "The Griswolds bought a crib!"
Luckily I will not sue myself for plagiarism, but feel free to hate me for repeating myself
if you're a Facebook friend and already saw it!
When I woke up on Sunday I checked the store's website and saw that they would be open at 11am (on Easter Sunday, no less), so I got Laura to call the store promptly at 11 and ask about the crib. There wasn't a hold on it, so we claimed it and drove over immediately to get it (The store is about 20 minutes away in Springfield, VA). We also discovered we could use a 20% off coupon for the purchase, so we got an additional $40 off! They brought the box out and luckily I still had rope in Laura's car from our trip to IKEA, because it was not doing to fit inside the car!
I already posted this pic on Facebook with the title "The Griswolds bought a crib!"Luckily I will not sue myself for plagiarism, but feel free to hate me for repeating myself
if you're a Facebook friend and already saw it!
Comments:
<< Home
"...feel free to hate me for repeating myself
if you're a Facebook friend and already saw it!"
Nah...these stories are so wonderful. They are worth repeating...
if you're a Facebook friend and already saw it!"
Nah...these stories are so wonderful. They are worth repeating...
I talked to my friend's wife on facebook chat today, and he's home form the hospital and getting therapy (alone and with her), so that's good news.
Oh, that's very good news about your friend! I hope he'll be all right.
What kind of car do you drive? I like the color :)
What kind of car do you drive? I like the color :)
It's Laura's car. A Mazda hatchback. I drive a VW Beetle. Both are silver, but not on purpose. My car we got used so we couldn't be too picky about the color at Carmax.
Post a Comment
<< Home

