Thursday, February 11, 2010
Fourth day off after second blizzard
About to spend another hour or two shoveling snow.
Here's two pics from yesterday: Our cat Maddie checking out the snow in the picture window. Love the way the black cat is silhouetted against the white... and the frame of icicles and snow drifts.


Here's two pics from yesterday: Our cat Maddie checking out the snow in the picture window. Love the way the black cat is silhouetted against the white... and the frame of icicles and snow drifts.


Comments:
<< Home
That is such a foreign image to me (the snow, not the cat). Do you ever get tired of it? I know in Memphis, the mentality was something to the effect of:
Day 1: Hells yeah! No school.
Day 2: No school again! Let's make a snowman.
Day 3: My god, nobody knows how to drive in this weather. (mild annoyance)
Day 4: OK. The novelty has passed. I'm ready to go back to school/work. Done with snow. Get it out of here.
Anything like that?
Day 1: Hells yeah! No school.
Day 2: No school again! Let's make a snowman.
Day 3: My god, nobody knows how to drive in this weather. (mild annoyance)
Day 4: OK. The novelty has passed. I'm ready to go back to school/work. Done with snow. Get it out of here.
Anything like that?
We officially set the record for most snow in the winter, beating records going back over 100 years! The snow we got this winter is more than the last 5 years' totals COMBINED!
So it was a definite exception to the norm. I'm ready for it to go now though. We went back to work today for the first time since a half-day off last Friday!
So it was a definite exception to the norm. I'm ready for it to go now though. We went back to work today for the first time since a half-day off last Friday!
I heard on Sirius Elvis station that Graceland had 6 inches on it! They were actually closed! I guess they don't want people tramping mud all over Elvis's pad?
Post a Comment
<< Home

