Tuesday, February 02, 2010

 

1986 Me is SOOOO Jealous of 2010 Me!!!!

A few days ago I received an e-mail notice from A-Ha.com announcing the band's American dates on their farewell world tour. It turns out they're only playing three dates in America: Two in NYC and one in Los Angeles. Boom, that's it, off to the rest of the world, then breaking up. I had one chance to see them if was ever going to do it!

Well, it turns out that registering on their site years ago and getting their infrequent e-mail alerts was very smart. Yesterday I received a notice that their website was going to have a presale of some tickets for their American dates February 2 at 10am (three days before tickets are offered to the general public). This morning at I refreshed the site a few times just before 10 and added two tickets to my cart the moment I could. I was happy to see my shipping info was still stored from when I bought their latest release in MP3 form last year. By 10:05 I had my confirmation of sale and at 10:07 they announced that the presale was sold out. Whew!

"Ending on a High Note" Ha ha ha!
(Awesome reference to Morten's vocal range)

Friday May 7, 2010, I'll be taking the day off, riding the train up to NYC and seeing the band with 2,000 other fans at Nokia Theater. (To put their American popularity level in context with their popularity in the rest of the world, in March they're playing an arena in South America, the same one Beyonce is playing the week before, and they regularly sell out stadiums in Germany!)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?