Tuesday, December 01, 2009

 

Quick Holiday Review

I had a cold most of Thanksgiving break, which flat out sucked. But it didn't affect my appetite, so I did get a nice Thanksgiving meal. The wife and I decided to skip both sets of parents and their general craziness and just spend the holiday alone. Considering I was sick, it's just as well we didn't spend hours and hours on the road. I took a number of naps, we watched a few Washington Capitals hockey games on TV, and we just relaxed. Not super exciting to read about, but it was a nice break.

I also took a number of items to the local used CD place to sell. Whenever I go there to sell something, I tend to leave with something as well. Hey, it happens! This time it was a record I bought for a dollar, just for the front cover. It's on a book shelf in my office at work now:

It sits beside my autographed photo of Master Kang Rhee, Elvis's Karate instructor in Memphis (who still runs the same dojo there, and yes, Elvis gave him a car once as a gift).

Ha! When I was looking up the spelling of Rhee's name, I found a page with this pic on it:


Lessons learned from this note:

(1) When Elvis wanted something, he wanted it TODAY.
(2) He had rather bad handwriting.
(3) He was an 8th degree black belt, so he could probably have killed Tom Jones and made it look like an accident, if he hadn't spent the last few years of his life higher than a kite.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?