Thursday, April 23, 2009

 

Strange finds of the day

This is straight out of a Hardy Boys episode, but I promise it's true. I was straightening up the garage this afternoon, sweeping basically, as there isn't much in there, and I noticed that there is a four-foot space above the plywood ceiling above the garage door. I decided to get a ladder and a flashlight and see if there was anything up there (We've been in this house for four years, and I haven't explored every nook and cranny).

Well, look at what I found:



It's an odometer/ speedometer for a Mercedes, and it's in kilometers, so it must be from an old Mercedes someone brought over from Europe.

Also found this:

It's a taillight from a Mercedes (with "Made in Germany" engraved on it).


You know what this means? I am about 1/50th of the way to owning a classic Mercedes!

WOOOOOOO!


Comments:
You'd better spend your weekend crawling through the attic and crawlspace, or maybe just checking for loose floorboards. The rest of the car has got to be there somewhere!
 
Don't know about 1/50th - unless Merc made a motorbike!
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Just catching up in person. Thanks for everything. Better watch out in case you have a nazi war criminal hiding under the floorboards.

Cheers

Hooli
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?