Wednesday, February 25, 2009

 

Wha...?

Holy Geez, I'm getting as bad as De about posting. What's up with that? Well, without going into too much detail about sensitive issues, last week I did my work and volunteered to do another person's work as well. And I did. And I did it well. But it made work days very full, so no time to blog.

So what's new? None of your business!

Just kidding, of course. Here's what the next few weeks have in store for me:

  1. Taking a personal day Friday and getting out of town. We've only been to the river once since Christmas, and it's just about March! That means I have Guitar Hero at the river and have only had four days to play it in the three months I've owned it. That's just cruel.
  2. My mother is having surgery next week, so I'm heading to the old hometown for a few days to be with the family. Depending on how it goes, I'll be returning the following weekend.
  3. But hey, don't get to comfortable, because the Monday after I get back here, I have two weeks of JURY DUTY. It's the second time I've been called for it in five years, which seems unfair. The good thing is that the courthouse is walking distance from my office, so at least I don't have to frantically look for parking each day. Hopefully I won't be called in often or get on a jury, because part of my job is getting books to the printer on time, and the end of the fiscal year is going to be approaching like a freight train in March, so it's not the best time for me to be out of the office for two weeks. The silver lining is that by law my company can't get pissed about it, but that doesn't mean crap if a book doesn't meet the fiscal year. If that happens--even by a week--all sales get credited to the new year and there's a chance our department will fail to meet budget expectations. No pressure, right?

That takes you up to March 20. There. I'll certainly blog between now and that date too, if only updates on my exciting life.

Comments:
How do you get out of having to be on a jury? Maybe make a racist joke or two?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?