Tuesday, February 17, 2009

 

Weekend roundup

Had a nice three-day weekend. Wife is still recovering from surgery, so we stayed in the city. Went to lunch at a nice place for Valentine's day, and we discovered that this is what people do when they are too tired to make reservations for Valentine's dinner. Seriously, we were the youngest couple there by 30 years. It was cute though.

[For the record, Valentine's day is a jive made-up "holiday" that we generally don't support, but the wife just had surgery, so it was a good excuse to do the whole card and chocolates route.]

Saturday night Laura made fried chicken. Yes, made. Split chicken breasts soaked in buttermilk, cooked in peanut oil. I brought the last remaining piece for lunch today. YUM.

Sunday I basically did errands and cleaned. And we went to the dog park. Finished a book.

Monday we went to the dog park again, then went to a "British pub" (in quotes, because it was in a mall, making it not a pub. But it had a fantastic beer menu. I had a snakebite, which is half Guinness, half Irish hard cider. (Cider on the bottom, Guinness floating on top). YUM. I'll have to make that at home. Wonder if there's a special trick to pouring items so they don't combine? I'll look online.

To offset all the YUM, I cleared off the treadmill and plan to be doing some regular time on it, if only to have an excuse to listen to my iPod.

Yesterday afternoon the wife was watching something that didn't interest me, so I went into the other room. Within 10 minutes, both dogs and both cats joined me and went to sleep on the floor, the chair, etc. Guess they weren't interested in the program either.

Comments:
You can layer a drink by *carefully* pouring down the side of the glass, but it's usually much easier to pour off the back of a spoon. Just consider the densities of what you're layering and work from the highest density on the bottom to the lowest density on top. It's a crazy confluence of science and art and alcohol. :)

Take a pic when you do it, OK?
 
But this drink had the cider on the bottom and the Guinness on top. Cider couldn't be more dense than Guinness, could it? It was clear cider.

Hmmm...
 
Was it Grey's Anatomy? Guys hate that show.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?