Thursday, February 26, 2009

 

Breaking News!

Remember the schedule I posted yesterday? Add this to the beginning of it:

Laura had her follow-up x-ray yesterday, and it turns out the sonic procedure destroyed less than half of the kidney stone. So first thing Monday morning, she is having laser surgery and a stint put in. So I have to take this coming Monday and Tuesday off to take care of her, then figure out when to go be with my mother, who has to be at the hospital at 8:30 Wednesday morning to prep for hip replacement surgery. I'd like to get there before she goes in, you know, tell her I'm there and all that. It's possible Laura's mother can come up Tuesday and stay at our house and take care of Laura the rest of the week. On the phone last night, my mother told me to stay and take care of Laura if she needs it and not to come down. But I could also tell she's scared about the surgery and sounded happy to know I was taking off work and coming down.

What do you guys think? It's about 3.5 hours down. I was thinking of asking Laura's mother to come up Tuesday, then taking off at like 4am avoid rush hour DC traffic and driving directly to the hospital in Lynchburg.

What are the chances there would be two surgeries scheduled in my family in the same week???

Plus jury duty right after that?!?

Comments:
I am so sorry to hear about all of that! What a shitty time that's going to be :( I hope everything goes okay.
 
Sounds like a busy, crazy time. If you need anything, let me know.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?